Welkio Access supports Brother Printers QL-710W, QL-720NW, QL-810W, and QL-820NWB.
Before connecting with Access, your printer will require set up via a Mac or PC. Once your printer is set up, it’s easy to connect with Access and start printing guest badges.
Important to know before starting: Your printer will have its own IP address assigned to it, and in order to set it up, your printer, computer, and iPads will all need to be connected to the same WiFi network.
Initial setup for your Label Printer
- Connect the power cord to your label printer, and then plug the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Press and hold the On/Off button to turn the printer off and then insert the label roll.
Connect your Printer to your computer
- Whether you are using a Mac or PC, you'll need to download and install the Driver. Follow the Brother Printer steps to install the Driver for your label printer.
- Then, you will need to download and install the Wireless Device Setup Wizard (Mac) or the Printer Setting Tool (PC).
- Connect your printer to your computer via the USB cord.
Connect Your Printer to WiFi
Once downloaded, open the Wireless Device Setup Wizard (Mac) and follow these instructions to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
Once downloaded, open the Printer Setting Tool and follow these steps:
- Open Communication Settings.
- Select the Wireless LAN tab, and click on Wireless Settings.
- Select your Wi-Fi network, making sure it’s on the same network as your iPad. Then enter your Wi-Fi password.
Note: If the light on the printer is green, it means that you have successfully connected.
Assign an IP address to your Printer
- Using your printer’s control panel, assign a static IP address to your printer. Note: this may require the help and support of your IT department.
- Hold down the Cut button for 5 seconds and release to print diagnostic information. This will print four sheets of paper, one of which will have your IP address.
Connect your Printer to Access
- Make sure your iPad is on the same Wi-Fi network as your printer.
- From your computer, open the Access dashboard and click Settings. Then tap Printer & Wi-Fi.
- Select your printer model and enter your IP address.
Once your printer is correctly set up, you should be able to print your visitor badges using the Apple Note app.
If you need additional help setting up your Brother Printer, please contact the Brother online support center.